The Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE ): The innovative and economically viable model of American Geriatric Care
Program Kompleksowej Opieki Geriatrycznej (PACE): Innowacyjny i ekonomiczny model amerykańskiej opieki geriatrycznej
The aim of this paper is to present a modern model of non-institutional geriatric care which operates in the US, called the Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE). The economic consequences of an aging population with multiple chronic diseases are creating new solutions in the delivery of medical care. The author of the following article, based on review of PACE literature
- Carr E. Caring for An Aging Population. Stanford Social Innovation Review, Oct.21, 2016. Available at https://ssir.org/articles/entry/caring_for_an_aging_population. Access: 02.12.2016
- Ortman JM, Velkoff VA, Hoga H. An Aging Nation: The Older Population in the United States U.S. Department of Commerce Economics and Statistics Administration. Current Population Reports. Issued May 2014, 25-1140.
- Shear S. Expending the Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly in Alabama to Improve care and limit Cost for Frail Adults. (PACE) Addressed to Budget Committee of the Alabama Assembly. 2016.
- Neuman T, Cubanski J. The Rising Cost of Living Longer: Analysis of Medicare Spending by Age for Beneficiaries in Traditional Medicare. Jan 14, 2015. Available at http://kff.org/medicare/report/the-rising-cost-of-living-longer-analysis-of-medicarespending-by-age-for-beneficiaries-in-traditional-medicare. Access: 02.12.2016
- Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. Basics Introduction to Medicaid, Updated, August 16, 2016. Available at http://www.cbpp.org/research/health/policy-basicsintroduction-to-medicaid. Access: 02.12.2016
- Casiano A. PACE: A Model of Care for Individuals with Multiple Chronic Conditions.” Annals of Long Term Care: Clinical Care and Aging. 2015;23(7):41-45.
- National PACE Association. Is PACE for You? Available at http://www.npaonline.org/pace-you#History. Access: 02.12.2016
- Hirth V, Baskins J, Dever-Bumba M. Program of All-Inclusive Care (PACE):Past, Present, and Future. J. Am Med Dir Assoc. 2009; 10(3):155-160. Available at http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/provgovpart/Documents/Waiver%20Renewal/PACE_Article_JAMDA_091.pdf.
- Petigara T, Anderson G. Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly. Health Policy Monitor, April 2009. Available at http://www.npaonline.org/sites/default/files/PDFs/Health%20Policy%20Monitor%20-%202009.pdf.
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Quick Facts About Programs of Allinclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) January 2008 Available at https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Health-Plans/pace/downloads/externalfactsheet.pdf
- National PACE Association. Understanding PACE Program All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly Available at http://www.npaonline.org/sites/default/files/PDFs/3%20 PACE%20Fact%20Sheet%20DRAFT%201.pdf .
- PACE Programs, a Budding Solution for Extended Care, Threatened by Proposed Budget. Alabama Media Group Marketing Staff March 17, 2016. Available at http://blog.al.com/sponsored/2016/03/pace_programs_a_budding_soluti.htm. Access: 02.12.2016
- National PACE Association. Understanding PACE. A Profile of PACE. Available at http://www.npaonline.org/sites/default/files/PDFs/7%20Profile%20of%20PACE%20DRAFT%201.pdf.
- Code of Federal Regulation. Available at http://pace.techriver.net/website/download.asp?id=2520&title=PACE_Regulations-Final_and_Interim_-_as_of_5/31/13. Access: 02.12.2016
- CMS: Programs of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) Regulation and Guidance Chapter 8 IDT, Assessment & Care Planning https://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Guidance/Manuals/downloads/pace111c08.pdf.
- Retooling for an Aging America: Building the Health Care Workforce. New Models of Care Chapter: 3, 2008. Available at https://www.nap.edu/read/12089/chapter/5#118. Access: 02.12.2016
- National PACE Association. PACE in Your Community: Understanding PACE Operating Experience and the Critical Success Factors. March, 2013 Available at http://www.npaonline.org/sites/default/files/PDFs/PACE%20Critical20Success%20Factors%20White%20Paper.pdf.
- Alabama Medicaid Agency. Admission and Evaluation Assessment Tool for PACE. Form:12-001 September, 2012 Available at http://www.smartbudgeting.alabama. gov/documents/5.0_Resources/5.4_Forms_Library/5.4.3_LTC_Services/5.4.3_PACE_Assessment_Form_12-001_9-14-12.pdf.
- Pope G, Kautter O, Ingber M, Freeman S, et al. Evaluation of the CMS-HCC Risk adjustment model. Final Report RTI Project Number 0209853.006 Available at https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/HealthPlans/MedicareAdvtgSpecRateStats/Downloads/Evaluation_Risk_Adj_Model_2011.pdf.
- Mecicare.gov What Part A Covers? Available at https://www.medicare.gov/whatmedicare-covers/part-a/what-part-a-covers.html. Access: 02.12.2016
- Mecicare.gov What Part B covers? Available at https://www.medicare.gov/whatmedicare-covers/part-b/what-medicare-part-b-covers.html. Access: 02.12.2016
- PACE and Medicare Risk Adjustment. Available at http://pace.techriver.net/website/article.asp?id=808. Access: 02.12.2016
- PACE Programs Allow Elderly to Live at Home Longer and Save the State Money. Mercy LIFE Alabama, Media Group July 26, 2016 Available at http://blog.al.com/sponsored/2016/07/pace_programs_allow_elderly_to.html. Access: 02.12.2016
- Evaluation of the Program of All- Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) Demonstration: The Impact of PACE on Participant Outcomes Final Report for HCFA Contract #500-96-0003/TO4. July,1998. Available at https://www.npaonline.org/sites/default/files/PDFs/Impact%20of%20PACE%20on%20Participant%20Outcomes.pdf.
- Temkin-Greener H, Mukamel D. Predicting Place of Death in the Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE): Participant versus Program Characteristics. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 2002; 50: 125-135. doi:10.1046/j.1532-5415.2002.50018.x.
- Lynch M, Hernendez M, Estes C. PACE Has it Change the Chronic Care Paradigm? Social Work in Public Health. 2008; 23 (4): 3-23.
- Counsell SR, Callahan CM, Buttar AB,Frank Kl, Geriatric Resources for Assessment and Care of Elders (GRACE) Model: A New Model for Primary Care for Low Income Seniors J AM Geriatric Soc. 2006; 54(7):1136-1141.
- Kane RL, Homyac P, Bershadsky B. Consumer Reactions to the Wisconsin Partnership Program and Its Parent, the Program for All-Inclusive Care of the Elderly (PACE) The Gerontologist. 2002; 42 (3): 314-320.